Early Childhood Development (ECD)
Full Time + Benefits/PTO
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This Care Coordinator is responsible for: improving early childhood development screenings, coordinating ECD referrals for positive screened children, and offering resources and support to these identified families. The Care Coordinator is responsible for the activities and tasks around this population of focus.
Prefer personnel who ave previous experience with care coordination, case management or relevant experience. The Care Coordinator must have good written and verbal communication skills as there is a great deal of telephone and/or electronic communication with patients, staff, and providers. The Care Coordinator must have keen attention to detail, be outgoing, professional, and enjoy connecting with patients and families. The Care Coordinator will continually maintain a professional and caring attitude toward patients and families while maintaining confidentiality to MVHC’s personnel, patients, and information that could result in proprietary damage to MVHC. The position requires intense use of computer technology using the EHR, various patient portals, registries, apps, or other software programs necessary. The Care Coordinator must also possess critical thinking, time management, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Maintain current CPR card. Valid Ca/Or driver’s license.
Clean and appropriate attire. Auto liability insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to deepen ECD expertise by training and technical assistance opportunities through various programs such as HRSA.
- Improve workflow to increase the number of child developmental screenings and referrals for positive screenings.
- Support and educate staff on screening and referral workflows.
- Provide standard information to families of young children on the importance of ECD screenings and follow-up services once developmental screening identifies an area of concern.
- Work with patient caregivers to assess eligibility for programs and make referrals to needed services to address identified social risk factors.
- Work with Enrollment Liaison to assist patients on eligibility for third party coverage and help them apply for this coverage.
- Engage with community resources and referral providers to establish communication lines and relations to facilitate patient access to needed follow-up services, such as family resource centers, child councils, schools, and county services.
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator on outreach efforts - social media posts, flyers to educate public on developmental milestones, availability of screenings, and MVHC services.
- Coordinate classes on various parenting, childbirth education, and nutrition education for community residents.
- Maintain tracking system of referrals to include patient information, service provider, outcome of referral, various classes, etc.
- Collaborate with Data Manager to build measurable data to support program evaluation.
- Act as resource for MVHC staff on child development screenings and available follow-up services.
- Develop workflows to support access to developmental screenings and referrals to needed follow-up services.
- Develop strategies to assess and address caregiver health and health-related social needs, including incorporating the two-generational approach into the current model of care.
- Communicate routinely with medical staff regarding referrals to needed follow-up services.
- Work with MVHC staff to identify external resources in each region and potential new sources of care.
- Attend and participate in committee meetings, provide supporting documents/reports when needed for those meetings, and participate in process improvement when needed.
- Inform supervisor of backlog of work, or any difficulty with recalls or tracking.
Cooperate and perform any other task that is asked as a MVHC team member.
CUSTOMER CARE: A core value of Mountain Valleys Health Centers’ is our dedication to high-quality customer care. As a Community Health Center, our patients are our vitality; therefore, every patient will be treated accordingly.
At MVHC a customer is defined as but not limited to a patient, vendor, contractor, granting agency, community business, and employee. Customers will be treated with the utmost dignity and respect regardless of their socio-economic status, insurance type, job position, and/or race, etc. Discrimination is unacceptable and is grounds for immediate termination.
Every employee of MVHC will adhere to the Accountability Measures outlined either at the onset of employment or at the date of this signed job description. Should these expectations not be upheld, the employee understands that disciplinary action will be taken which could lead to immediate termination.
By signing this job description, the employee commits to providing the highest quality customer care and will strive to make each patient feel as though they are the only one.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, working on computer for extended periods of time, repetitive motion of hands, close eye work, listening, speaking in person or on the phone, reading, handwriting, and minimal lifting/carrying objects up to 30 lbs.